Lao TTf OT fonts

Anousak anousak at muanglao.com
Fri Sep 3 15:29:03 UTC 2004

Dear all,

(Forgive me if this list is not the right one to be asking)

After successful install Fedora Core 2, and love it, I then try to install
Lao TTF OT fonts. Two years ago, I have got Lao KDE working on Mandrake and
Redthat 7.0, which involved the following steps. However, some of the things
I do might have been changed or may have not needed anymore, especially with
new Xfree86. Please help me out and thanks in advance.

What I have done:

Font installation (Lao ttf OT)

copy *ttf to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF

run 'ttmkfdir > fonts.scale'

run 'mkfontdir'

run 'xset ft rehash'

I wasn't able to run 'xftcache'

run 'setxkbmap -v lo -option grp:alt_toggle_shift '

After finished these steps, I then checked to see if the keyboard layout for
Lao is selected, it was. I also checked to see if my ttf fonts I installed
were being selected or not, there weren't any.

1) Any other file(s) or anything I need to tweak?

2) Where are default fonts?

Cheers,

Anousak Souphavanh

Malcolm Gladwell's  "Tipping Point: How