Religous wars

Dax Kelson wrote:
xorg-x11-6.7.99.2-2
-------------------
* Thu Aug 12 2004 Mike A. Harris <mharris redhat com> 6.7.99.2-2

- Added code to the rpm pre script to munge the config file to change the
 "keyboard" driver to "kbd" driver on upgrades, as XOrg no longer supports
 the old "keyboard" driver.
- Use perl -p -i -e in pre rpm script for all config file munging instead of
 grep and temporary files.

Did the policy on no perl in RPM pre/post install scripts change?

There have been many bugzilla bugs filed and fixed over the years
removing perl from rpm scripts.

Wow. I havent seen a good religous war in some time. Will be burning Larry Wall or Guido today? Its getting cold out soon so how about burning them both and the rest of the heretics who do not use awk.

[Sorry.. just had a long 'discussion' on how Debian was the one true OS and RH/Fedora/Gentoo heretics were the cause of all problems on the earth.. I didnt figure I would see one here too.]

--
Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen lanl gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 | PH: 4-0645