Re: rawhide report: 20040903 changes

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 05:03:34PM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> Alan Cox wrote:
> >
> >>That may be so, but it is impossible to install a modern Red Hat
> >>OS without installing perl.  Since perl is guaranteed to be
> >

> >Nope. I do it for all my firewalls. rpm -e perl is the highlight of the
> >install experience ;)
>
> It is impossible to not have perl in a minimal rpmbuild environment, so
> it should be okay to use it during rpmbuild.

That has nothing to do with Dax's remark, build time != install time.

And the only only dependencies of rpm-build on perl are on in these
times unused perl scripts sitting around having been obsolted by rpm's
internal __find_requires/__find_provides. I doubt any modern Red Hat
rpm needs these script to be build (if it does in needs an update).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net