Sendmail 8.13.x socketmap support

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Sep 4 22:34:04 UTC 2004

Hi!

Is there a reason why current rawhide Sendmail has no socketmap support
compiled in? socketmap is one of the improvements from version 8.13.x.

I wonder a bit, because the changelog has following entry:

* Do Jul 01 2004 Thomas Woerner <twoerner at redhat.com> 8.13.0-1.1

- fixed init script to not complain missing sendmail-cf package
(#126975)
- better message in /etc/mail/Makefile for missing sendmail-cf package.
- added socketmap support

So it claims being compiled with socketmap. But I do not see it in the
debug output of Sendmail.

Current rawhide Sendmail: sendmail-8.13.1-2

$ sendmail -bt -d0.9 < /dev/null
Version 8.13.1
 Compiled with: DNSMAP HESIOD HES_GETMAILHOST LDAPMAP LOG MAP_REGEX
                MATCHGECOS MILTER MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NETINET
NETINET6
                NETUNIX NEWDB NIS PIPELINING SASLv2 SCANF STARTTLS
TCPWRAPPERS
                USERDB USE_LDAP_INIT

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 00:14:01 up 5 days, 21:30, load average: 0.50, 0.76, 0.69