rawhide report: 20040904 changes

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Sun Sep 5 12:45:36 UTC 2004

Hi Jakub,

On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 13:42, Build System wrote:
> mc-4.6.0-18
> -----------
> * Sat Aug 21 2004 Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat.com> 4.6.0-18
>
> - 3 more quoting omissions in a.in
>
> * Sat Aug 21 2004 Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat.com> 4.6.0-17
>
> - fix shell quoting in extfs perl scripts
>   (Leonard den Ottolander, #127973, CAN-2004-0494)

What's up? rawhide report 20040904 speaks of:

mc-4.6.1-0.1
------------
* Thu Sep 02 2004 Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat.com> 4.6.1-0.1

- update from CVS
  - handle INFO/LICENSE and INFO/OBSOLETES in rpm vfs (#67341)
- remove mc-cvs-unzip (#85073)
- fix hotkey handling when not UTF-8 (Leonard den Ottolander, #120735)
- allow terminal aliases for keys in mc.lib and ~/mc/ini,
  add gnome, xterm-new and rxvt aliases for xterm (#128163)

I know I asked you to wait with updating to CVS a while, but since we
are in testing anyway, it probably doesn't matter that much. I don't
expect an update to current CVS to introduce any (new) breakage, so
maybe you should push ahead. If not, could you make the 4.6.1 src rpm
available somewhere?

I've got a few other things to take care of, but I'll try to fix
Vladimir's UTF-8 fixes and enhancements this week.

Regarding the patches you send me for upstream inclusion, I am busy
writing up an answer but have to check a thing or two before I can reply
in full. I will send you that answer tonight or tomorrow.

And for interested developers: The todo list for 4.6.1 only has two
items left:
- Tilde not expanding in copy and move dialogs
- Broken pipe warning when viewing large *.tar.gz files.
Anyone cares to help out with patches for these?

Leonard.