Eclipse?

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Mon Sep 6 13:36:26 UTC 2004

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 03:26:20PM +0200, Peter Backlund wrote:
> Hello.
>

> Any news on the Eclipse front? That is, how far away is it from Rawhide?
> Note that I'm talking about the native version.
>
> Also, I never got any response on why gcj35/libgcj35 isn't being built
> along with th rest of the gcc35 packages?

Because gcj-3.4*/libgcj-3.4* should be good enough for eclipse/ant/whatever
other gcj using package.
GCJ 3.5 is ATM known to be binary incompatible with both GCJ 3.4 and with
the final GCJ 3.5, so including it is IMHO a bad idea.
gcc35/g++35 uses the 3.4.2-RH headers/libraries, so it doesn't have such
problem.

	Jakub