Re: Notes on Yum Changes

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 21:38 +0200, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:

> Is there any plans for integrating rpm with yum - so that rpm would ask
> "you need dependancy foo, bar, baz.so in order to install this package,
> shall i ask yum to fetch them for you? (y/n)"

Instead of integrating yum into rpm, just use a tool (such as yum
itself) to install your packages instead of rpm.  I don't know offhand
if yum already supports this, but if not, it should. ;-)

The graphical tools like system-install-packages and friends should also
then integrate with yum.

I'm sure the maintainers will accept patches for such a feature. ;-)