Dependency reciprocity : real world problem with httpd and httpd-suexec

Ronny Buchmann ronny-vlug at vlugnet.org
Tue Sep 7 17:06:14 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 07 September 2004 18:08, Rex Dieter wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Matthias Saou wrote:
> > Furthermore, I don't get
> > why httpd-suexec nor php-mbstring (as another example) got split off...
> > the
>
> IMO, In the case of httpd-suexec,  httpd should *NOT* require it, and
> the point of installing the subpkg would be to enable/disable the suexec
> functionality.
Which was a real enhancement, manually removing suexec after every update is
really annoying (especially if your forgot about it and looking for the cause
of errors...)
If there really is a dep in httpd on httpd-suexec this is IMHO a bug. (I
assume it was introduced for the upgrade from old httpd with integrated
suexec to the new one with suexec subpackage)

--
http://LinuxWiki.org/RonnyBuchmann