vsftpd (GPL) and openssl?

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Wed Sep 8 09:31:43 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 23:28 -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> I just noticed this in cvs-commits.  Another new instance of GPL linking
> with openssl.  Problematic?
>
> Even if the vsftpd authors wont sue us for any possible GPL violation,
> does this possibly open a weak link in vsftpd's supposedly "very
> secure"ness?  Even if ssl is disabled by default in our config?  Please
> be sure...

I think the case is beggining to grow for inclusion of GNUtls.

GNUtls has a library which is alledgedly API-compatible with openssl.
I have never tested.

I'm willing to help with packaging it if no one is doing it right
already, which is better than not having some SSL implementation on GPL
packages.

Rui
+ So let's do it...?