Re: Dependency reciprocity : real world problem with httpd and httpd-suexec

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 09:07:07AM +0100, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 12:24:21AM +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > If PreReq does not "exist" in the sense it used to any more, one such
> > "tool" which supposedly nowadays at least partially replaces/provides
> > that functionality are "context markers" (ie. Requires(pre) and friends
> > if I've understood _that_ correctly).
> >
> > [1] https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/rpm-metadata/2003-October/000095.html
>
> I thought Requires(pre) and friends are just for dependencies of the
> scripts?

Yes, you usually want to ensure that script interpreteres are
installed prior to scriptel runtime :)

> Can anyone state definitively (and preferably in plain English), if I
> have in the httpd-suexec subpackage:
>
> PreReq: httpd
>
> the files contained in said package will be installed only after the
> %pre script of the httpd package has run?

That's the idea, you could test with

rpm -ihv httpd httpd-suexec

vs

rpm -ihv httpd-suexec httpd

Output should be in both cases the same (first httpd then
httpd-suexec), if you employ the above change.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net