Kerberos HTTP authentication in RHEL4/FC3/FC2

Dax Kelson dax at gurulabs.com
Wed Sep 8 18:30:20 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 23:11, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> Dax Kelson wrote:
> > One of the new features of Mozilla 1.7 touted in the release notes is:
> >
> > "Support for Kerberos HTTP authentication using GSSAPI (benefits
> > Unix-like platforms including Linux and OS X)."
> >
> > Single sign on rules.
>
> Have you even looked at the Mozilla in FC3?  The negotiateauth component
> is present and...

Yes, I examined mozilla-1.7.2-0.3.0.src.rpm snagged from rawhide
yesterday.

The --with-gssapi configuration option was missing in the spec for the
configure invocation and ldd showed no gssapi/krb libraries.

After further checking today it appears that --with-gssapi is the
default, and either dlopen is used or mozilla is statically linked
against the gssapi/kerb libraries.

Sorry, my bad.

Dax