Kerberos HTTP authentication in RHEL4/FC3/FC2

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Wed Sep 8 19:21:34 UTC 2004

Dax Kelson wrote:

>One of the new features of Mozilla 1.7 touted in the release notes is:
>
>"Support for Kerberos HTTP authentication using GSSAPI (benefits
>Unix-like platforms including Linux and OS X)."
>
>Single sign on rules.
>
>Whats needed is the addition of --with-gssapi in the spec along with
>adding krb5-devel to the BuildReq line.

The --with-gssapi configure flag is only required if you have a
non-standard header location, or some weird setup as on SuSE.  From what
I understand though, even that is broken so the flag will be getting
work done on it soon.

The negotiateauth extension is enabled for both our Mozilla and Firefox
packages, and has been working for me when I used it in the past.  Is
there a specific case where it breaks for you?  If so, that would be a bug.