rawhide report: 20040908 changes

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Sep 8 20:11:20 UTC 2004

> xorg-x11-6.7.99.903-6
> ---------------------
> * Fri Sep 03 2004 Mike A. Harris <mharris at redhat.com> 6.7.99.903-6
>
> - Remove hard coded dependancy on Glide3 from xorg-x11 package, as the tdfx
>   DRI driver has used dlopen() with Glide3 since XFree86 4.2.1 or so, and no
>   longer has a build time or runtime dependancy on Glide3 being present.  If
>   Glide3 is present, DRI will work (theoretically), but if it is not present,
>   the tdfx driver should still function correctly, so we can get rid of this
>   dependancy now, as we are removing Glide3 from some of our OS products.

Erm,

I hope those OS products are the enterprise line and stuff, since I've
just done a lott of work on Glide as you (mharris) should know.

I think removing Glide3 from Fedora is a bad idea, some people still
have voodoos and they won't like loosing 3D support.

I know I'm yelling fire before there is a fire, just making sure there
won't be a fire.

Regards,

Hans

--