floppy install

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at neenet.com
Thu Sep 9 01:07:27 UTC 2004

Hello All,

I am starting to get a small feel for the FC2 Linux os with many
differences from my old Mandrake 10.0 distro and I must say that I like
what I have seen so far. In as much, I will be re-formatting my machine
to remove the MDK and put in the FC2 code.

I have seen that I can use a boot.iso burned onto a cdrom to install
Fedora, but I was wondering what provisions were there for booting from
a floppy and then installing over the net, NFS, hard drive, http, etc... ?

Seems that if FC2 only supports bootable CDROM systems then it would be
hard to place on some older machines or did I miss something?

Thanks All and have a good day,
Lonnie