rpm --redhat-requires, rpm --redhat-provides

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Sep 9 07:12:37 UTC 2004

> > Actually, there was also some discussion this evening of if the
> > xml-metadata could store cd information in an additional attribute in
> > the <location> tag. Specifically for things like system-config-packages
> > and anaconda to be able to use the metadata with removable media.
>
> Indeed. People with modem-only internet access <shrudder> still exist and
> for those it's important that the new metadata works with removable media.
> And anaconda as well of course.

Check my post to rpm-metadata list and comment. If it seems reasonable
then it's a way to go.

it'll take some work to put that in createrepo, though.

> Sure, why not, should be a fun project. I should start having a bit more
> time to use for freetime hacking in a few weeks. If you start something
> let me know.

if you install yum 2.1.3 from rawhide you'll have a good version of the
repomd module.

Some new updates added in cvs but the concepts are more or less there.

Also paul nasrat has been working on something related.

Drop by #fedora-devel on irc and ping at me or nasrat about it. I'd love
to get a quick and simple tool to parse the files and dump the outputs.

-sv