raidtools and MAKEDEV

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 12:28:35 UTC 2004

> Looks definitely wrong for a udev system.  Please file this in
> bugzilla, if you haven't done so yet.
>

>Well, /dev/MAKEDEV is a symlink to /sbin, if system was started with the new
>udev.

I just backed out my patch and it still fails. The problem is that udev is not
running when I do the installation. When the full path is given, there's no
problem during installation. This is not using anaconda, this is installing to a
test partition after building. You would never want udev to make entries into a
chroot test partition during install. Its fine when the system reboots to that
partition.

So what's the consensus? A quirk of my build system, or do you want to make
./MAKEDEV into a full path for raidtools? It should be simple enough to fix
raidtools to do this:

%post
cd /dev
%if [ -x ./MAKEDEV ] ; then