yum and local cache

Alin Osan al at casa.org.ro
Fri Sep 10 08:09:07 UTC 2004

On Friday 10 September 2004 10:57, seth vidal wrote:

> 1. what version of yum

yum-2.1.3-1

> 2. why do you say it's downloading things over and over again?

I say it because it happens. First time, it stopped with "Error:
xorg-x11-font-utils conflicts:  xorg-x11-base-fonts<= 6.7.99.903-3" and
after I manually installed xorg-x11-font-utils yum -y update started to
download all the files from the beginning. I noticed this on a PC at home,
it was not a problem since bandwidth is plenty but I'm doing the same
thing on a machine at work where I have 512 kbps. I don't want to think
about dial-up users...

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then,
is not an act, but a habit.
--
Alin Osan