yum and local cache

Otto Haliburton ottohaliburton at comcast.net
Fri Sep 10 16:00:11 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 09:58, seth vidal wrote:
> > It didn't fail quietly, It failed as has been described in this thread, I
> > just didn't want to continue repeating the same error message.  The
> > description of the problem is valid.
>
> Nothing has been described in this thread.
>
> no output, no error messages, NOTHING.
>
> -sv

this is the preleminary output I got the error on
> [root at c515816-a etc]# yum update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up Repo:  core
repomd.xml                100% |=========================|  843 B
00:00
Setting up Repo:  freshrpms
repomd.xml                100% |=========================|  843 B
00:00
Setting up Repo:  updates
repomd.xml                100% |=========================|  843 B
00:00
Setting up Repo:  livna-stable
repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: livna-stable
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from livna-stable: [Errno 256] No more
mirrors to t
ry.
[r