yum and local cache

Alin Osan al at casa.org.ro
Sat Sep 11 15:22:00 UTC 2004

On Sat September 11 2004 00:15, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> to recap.....
> if yum errors out due to a conflict NO PACKAGES WERE DOWNLOADED.
> yum downloads headers from the packages during depresolution.
> Packages are only downloaded if depresolution clears successfully.
> you are NOT seeing redownloading of anything.
> The cache IS working, the header files in the cache ARE being reused.

You may be right, I tried to reproduce the error, I have the same
situation you described and after a second yum -y update does not
download anything again, like it happend to me before. I can't
reproduce it, since I can't revert to an older development version and
then do the update. The info I gave to Seth was from the console's
buffer, I don't have it anymore... I'll go thru yum sources when I'll
have the time and I'll see if I'll come up with something.
I've been suggested by someone who runs this list that fedora-test-list
is more appropriate for this, so I'll continue on that list if
something has to add up.
Thank you, guys, you're the best.

Alin Osan