Midi-player for FC - an will there be anyone in FC3?

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Sun Sep 12 11:29:28 UTC 2004

I have tried playmidi - compiled for awe32 - and it played (at least it
didn't return for the time the midi sequence lasted) - but no sound...

I also found midiplay - but wasn't able to download it (exept the atari
version, packed in a .zoo i dont (or at least fileroller dont) know how
to open.

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/midiplay_linux/ <- linux
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/MIDIPlay/ <- atari

I know what timidity does - the problem is just that the default patcset
sucks beyond anything i have formerly seen. The kmidi help page
recomends some places to download better patches for timidity, but all
the links are broken. The biggest question is really: Why are those not
included in timidity by default?

Hmm.. why not? ever-lasting driver issue? We have a /dev/sequencer, why
is it so hard to use? Think ill just have to fool around a little bit
more, find out more things etc.