the fate of firewire

Stephen J Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Mon Sep 13 22:33:32 UTC 2004

Michael Tiemann wrote:
> Red Hat "decided" that short innovation cycle + long support cycle are
> mutually exclusive about as much as Galileo "decided" that the Earth
> orbited the Sun, not the other way around.  I just hope that The
> Community is as forgiving about our "decision" as The Church was about
> Galileo's ;-)

Hmmm in that case it could take a couple hundred years for that to
occur. I think you will need a couple more hours on the rack and the hot
irons just in case... you might recant.

--
Stephen John Smoogen	        | CCN-5 Security Team
LANL SIRT Team Leader           | SMTP:  smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Laboratory  | Voice: 505.664.0645
Ta-03 SM-1498 MS: B255 DP 10S   | FAX:   505.665.7793
Los Alamos, NM 87545            |