how about oneSIS? was: "Stateless Linux" project

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Sep 15 01:07:38 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 08:06 -0700, Josh England wrote:
> The project is called oneSIS (http://onesis.sourceforge.net).  We've used
> it in production for running clusters for years, but I've just recently
> (early this year) re-written it from scratch to make it cleaner and more
> flexible.  Grab the CVS version from sourceforge and check it out.  It
> makes everything the "Stateless linux" project is trying to do very, very
> easy.

Reading the manual now, this looks great.

The changes we're making to Fedora should eliminate the rc script
changes you mention here:
http://onesis.sourceforge.net/oneSIS-manual/node22.html

This is very clever:
http://onesis.sourceforge.net/oneSIS-manual/node17.html

Anyway, I think it will take us some time to digest how this maps to the
desktop/server case in addition to clusters, and how to fit it together
with the work we have so far. Your thoughts on how to pull it all
together are welcome.

Havoc