"Stateless Linux" project

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Wed Sep 15 07:01:00 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 07:40, seth vidal wrote:
> > Great idea.
> >
> I'm sorry if I sound like a curmudgeon but this is just what happens
> when you hear developers promising the world year after year and the
> world simply never showing up.

Point(s) taken. I won't argue - you are right.

However, I'd just like to flag up the popularity of Knoppix.
Who really would have predicted two years ago that it would be common
for people to hand out live CDs at public meetings, or engineers take
along a Knoppix CD to rescue and diagnose sick systems (I do).
At the UKUUG meeting there was a presentation from Sunderland University
on preparing custom Knoppix CDs for their staff and students this year.
Other places will be doing similar.
I fully recognise this is a different scenario.