clean up updates/testing

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Wed Sep 15 12:13:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 09:41:19AM -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> In fact I say keeping them in the trees helps in troubleshooting
> situations, where someone
> is trying to confirm another persons bug report or problem and needs
> to make sure they have the same version installed to do the
> comparison.  Downgrading a package to confirm a problem/fix while
> helping someone troubleshoot is not unheard of.

It would be cool to move superceeded updates into some
"historic-updates" hierarchy, so mirrors can decide wether to "waste"
disk space for those or not. This would still allow one to get older
updates, but doesn't put unnecessary burden to people who just want
to keep a copy of all current updates.

Best regards,
Daniel