"Stateless Linux" project

Daniel Bradley d.bradley at imb.uq.edu.au
Tue Sep 14 02:32:35 UTC 2004

Hi,

This seems similar in concept to what I have been working
on for a while under the guise of Securizant Linux
(sourceforge.net/projects/securizant).

An adaption of LFS, but a root file system disk image is
built, which is then mounted (via loopback) read-only
during the boot process. This image is never modified
during the life-cycle of the OS.

There are scripts that will build the system currently in
the sourceforge CVS that you may care to look at. They
make use of a precompiled tools.iso toolchain image
(500MB) that I can make available if you want.

Feel free to email me for more info.

Cheers,
Daniel Bradley.