Wireless update to ifup and network-functions

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Sep 16 13:12:12 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 11:02 -0400, Jon Nettleton wrote:
> If have put together a function and some new code for
> is_wireless_device that uses iwlist to scan available access points
> and then ifup a new configuration file if it finds one matching
> ifcfg-DEVICE_ESSID.   My questions are.

That's nice. I assume it selects the appropriate key based on the ESSID
it finds?

A while ago I sent patches to Bill (and/or put them in Bugzilla) which
added Bluetooth networking support. I moved the tail end of ifup into
ifup-eth, then added an 'ifup-wireless' which calls that, as does
ifup-bnep. We no longer have to have the wireless (or bluetooth) stuff
hacked in to the middle of ifup that way.

--
dwmw2