Re: Direction of wireless networking in Fedora ( was RE: Wireless update to ifup and network-functions )

Dan Williams wrote:
On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 02:33 +0100, Jonathan Andrews wrote:

Wireless discovery in general isn't going to be easy across
distributions because for reasons purely political (as far as I can
tell???) the promisc mode was left on the cutting room floor !!! WHY
!!!!

I would have thought that tune, and listen would be the first two things
any wireless driver would be able to do.

Having looked a _lot_ at kernel wireless drivers in the past 2 months
while developing NetworkManager, I'm not quite sure what the problem
here is...

Major wireless cards and drivers:
Orinoco (Intersil, Wavelan, Airport, etc)
Cisco Aironet
Atmel
Prism54
Intel 2100/2200

may i add Atheros (MADwifi) to this list.