Wireless update to ifup and network-functions

Charles Lopes tjarls at iee.lu
Fri Sep 17 08:24:06 UTC 2004

David Woodhouse wrote:

>That's nice. I assume it selects the appropriate key based on the ESSID
>it finds?
>
>A while ago I sent patches to Bill (and/or put them in Bugzilla) which
>added Bluetooth networking support. I moved the tail end of ifup into
>ifup-eth, then added an 'ifup-wireless' which calls that, as does
>ifup-bnep. We no longer have to have the wireless (or bluetooth) stuff
>hacked in to the middle of ifup that way.

Splitting out ethernet stuff to ifup-eth sounds like a good idea IMHO.
I'm trying to add support for WAN cards (only using the generic hdlc
stack and sethdlc at the moment) and I was considering doing the same.
The ethernet code is already framed by a "if" statement anyway,
splitting it out would just improve readability and consistancy of the
ifup/down scripts.

Charles

--
Charles Lopes
Assistant IT Manager

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed
or otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby
notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly
prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original
transmittal from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.