Re: please try SELinux again

Colin Walters wrote:
On Sat, 2004-09-18 at 17:37 -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 17:08:58 -0400, Colin Walters <walters redhat com> wrote:

It's not that bad, really.  The new targeted policy should be mostly
invisible.

Well for a fresh install of rawhide or the test release... i would agree. But for someone doing an ungrade from a system that did have selinux enabled... does it 'just work'? I thought there was some magic incantations involved with relabeling filesystems even with targetted policy for systems that previously had selinux disabled.

Yes, a relabel will happen the first time you run with SELinux enabled
again after having it disabled.  It will take a while, but it should
work.

Erm, that didn't happen for me (running the relabel) resulting in a system with a non-working X. Booting in single mode and running fixfiles myself fixed things for me.

Regards,

Hans

-- EuropeSwPatentFree http://EuropeSwPatentFree.hispalinux.es