Regarding Extras package announcements

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Sep 20 06:15:35 UTC 2004

The old fedora-package-announce at fedora.us list has been broken in the
past month due to some unknown issue caused by the Legacy 7.3 mailman
update.  I have spent many hours trying to debug it, but have been
unable to fix it.  I've been wanting to retire that old mailman server
for a while now, but this forces the issue.

fedora-extras-announce-list at redhat.com will soon open, and will be used
by fedora.us Extras for the short-term.  When Extras relaunches at
fedora.redhat.com, the list will be used for those announcements.

This is no longer far away, as we have servers online NOW, gafton and I
are working on CVS structure, and finalizing the Apache-like contributor
legal form.  You will hear more about our progress within the next weeks
here.

Unfortunately hundreds of mail sent to the old Extras announce list went
into /dev/null due to the legacy mailman problem.  Sorry about that. =(

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com