Wireless signal strength

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Sep 20 12:23:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 16:10 +0100, Jonathan Andrews wrote:
> All thats needed is a conversion from RSSI to db for each device,
> simplest place to stick that is in the driver - why complicate life any
> further !
>
> Anyone else got any ideas ?

Whatever do for signal strength, including the pretty panel applets that
display it, please could we try to make them work with Bluetooth too. If
there's a WiFi-specific Ethtool op which returns signal strength,
perhaps we can make the BNEP code handle that too, returning 'hcitool lq
<bdaddr>' results in an appropriate form.

--
dwmw2