The real news Re: Regarding Extras package announcements

Sean Middleditch elanthis at awesomeplay.com
Mon Sep 20 20:06:17 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 21:54 +0200, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> Hmm.. how will this be integrated with core?
>
> CONGRATS!! - you have mine to :D
>
> One thing i have always wondered about is why is fedora.us named _.US_
> when many of the packages are there there just because they are
> illegal/legaly questionable in the US?

fedora.us doesn't have any packages like that of which I'm aware.  Those
kinds of packages are found in repositories like livna.org.

The original reason for the .us top-level is probably just because
that's what was available.  Fedora is a dictionary word; finding a free
domain based on a dictionary word is nigh near impossible.
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.