kernel crash removing a bridged tun devices

John Leach john at johnleach.co.uk
Wed Sep 22 10:07:54 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm bridging a tun device to give my qemu virtual machines network
access.  My script brings up tun0 and addif's it to br0.  When I close
qemu the kernel complains severely.  If I'm running with an smp kernel
my machine hard freezes.

Fedora Core 2, fully updated, i686
Linux version 2.6.8-1.521

dmesg log attached.

anyone know if this is likely due to Fedora additions to the kernel?  Or
should I be posting this upstream. (I should really test it with a
vanilla kernel of course...)  Or is it already know about and I've just
missed the reports.

John.
--
GPG: B89C D450 5B2C 74D8 58FB A360 9B06 B5C2 26F0 3047
WEB: http://johnleach.co.uk