bugzilla stock replies - upstream - RFE for Bugzilla?

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Wed Sep 22 18:58:37 UTC 2004

While reading your page - was noticing something about upstream reports:

<snip>

The bug is not a packaging bug, you have no plans to work on this in the
near future, and there is an upstream bug tracking system other than the
redhat bugzilla.

Thanks for the bug report.  At the moment, the Fedora developers don't have
time to work on this particular issue. The best way to make sure your problem
will get looked on is to report it to the authors of the program. Most
upstream authors use a bug tracking system like bugzilla, and more people
who know the code will be looking at the bug report there.

The upstream bug tracking system to use is:
LINK HERE

Please make sure the bug isn't already in the upstream bug tracker before
filing it.
</snip>

How hard would it be to interconnect say the bugzilla at redhat and the
bugzilla at gnome - so that if you filed a bug at redhat, it would
automatically be posted upstream - and vice verca. It is really a pain
in the *** to keep track of n bugzilla accounts!

Apart from that - great work!