jabberd spec

Richard June rjune at bravegnuworld.com
Thu Sep 23 00:56:51 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 19:37, seth vidal wrote:
> > > -sv
> >
> > How about jabberd 1.4.3? it's stable, works, and will authenticate from
> > PAM?
> >
> > http://ftp.bravegnuworld.com/pub/mirror/bgw/SRPMS/jabberd-1.4.3-0.rh9.6.s
> >rc.rpm
>
> it's not xmpp 1.1 compliant - which isn't all that bad. but the pam auth
> stack is written entirely in perl which is downright scary.
I don't know about xmpp 1.1, so I won't argue with you there.
but since I authored the PAM_auth module used by that RPM, I will argue with
you about it being written in perl.
I wrote it in C myself.
I think I have the only PAM auth module for jabber that seems to work as
expected.
--
Public Key available Here:
http://www.bravegnuworld.com/~rjune/rjune.asc