Recent Fedora Core kernels (plus my SPEC file for 2.6.8-1.541 with Athlon support)

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Sep 26 18:28:59 UTC 2004

Am So, den 26.09.2004 schrieb Bryan J. Smith um 20:10:

> Is there a document or page that details all of the changes in how
> recent Fedora Core kernels are built?  I've noticed several changes, and
> I want to verify I understand them all.  I apologize as I've seen some
> traffic, but I can't seem to find a definite answer (I'm sure I just
> passed over it).

> Additional Q:
>   Why is the "sourcecode" package not built by default when
> "--target=noarch" is passed?  I.e.,
>   %ifarch noarch
>   %define builddoc 1
>   %define buildsource 0

> Bryan J. Smith                                  b.j.smith at ieee.org

You are not speaking about current FC2 kernels. 2.6.8-1.541 is the
current development kernel. The topic about a separate kernel-sourcecode
"missing" has been discussed to extend on the development / test list.
And Arjan recently posted a short instruction on how to rpmbuild the
kernel source rpm from the src.rpm. As this is not topic for the stable
FC list you should look at the other lists mentioned.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 20:24:49 up 5 days, 22:28, load average: 1.92, 1.58, 1.34