Recent Fedora Core kernels (plus my SPEC file for 2.6.8-1.541 with Athlon support)

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Sep 26 18:42:15 UTC 2004

Am So, den 26.09.2004 schrieb Alexander Dalloz um 20:28:

> > Is there a document or page that details all of the changes in how
> > recent Fedora Core kernels are built?  I've noticed several changes, and
> > I want to verify I understand them all.  I apologize as I've seen some
> > traffic, but I can't seem to find a definite answer (I'm sure I just
> > passed over it).
>
> > Additional Q:
> >   Why is the "sourcecode" package not built by default when
> > "--target=noarch" is passed?  I.e.,
> >   %ifarch noarch
> >   %define builddoc 1
> >   %define buildsource 0
>
> > Bryan J. Smith                                  b.j.smith at ieee.org
>
> You are not speaking about current FC2 kernels. 2.6.8-1.541 is the
> current development kernel. The topic about a separate kernel-sourcecode
> "missing" has been discussed to extend on the development / test list.
> And Arjan recently posted a short instruction on how to rpmbuild the
> kernel source rpm from the src.rpm. As this is not topic for the stable
> FC list you should look at the other lists mentioned.
>
> Alexander

Sorry, this should have gone to the fedora-list at redhat.com list, but the
OP managed to puzzle the reply-to address to be this devel list while
the posting went to the fedora-list at redhat.com list.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 20:40:29 up 5 days, 22:44, load average: 1.32, 1.43, 1.34