Re: rc.sysinit creating device nodes

Russell Coker (russell coker com au) said:

> > > Sorry, try again. Yes, we do.
> >
> > Whoops, yes *that* one may go away. But there's still other device
> > creation code in rc.sysinit that is still needed. (See: raid.)
>
> Yes, I'm still trying to work out how to solve the raid problem.  Any ideas?

You can't cfreate /dev/md0 on array discovery, since you need ioctl
on the device to activate it. What would be required is scanning of
all the block devices for *potential* raid arrays, and then guessing
what devices those were from the raid superblocks. It's a good chunk
of code that's not in udev ATM.

Bill