Suggestion to cutoff "EFI GUID Partion Support" in the kernel so that Ipod & others will be mountable

Jerone Young jerone at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 05:15:36 UTC 2004

Is there a way to actually create a GPT partion on a non IA64 system?
Everything I read from google involving GPT is really only used with
IA64 sytem (oh may it rest in peace).  The help in the kernel for EFI
GPT even has  "Presently only useful on the IA-64 platform". So there
is a feature that is not useful on any other platform (currently), and
is causing havok.