FC3 and printing from Mozilla

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Mon Sep 27 10:45:59 UTC 2004

man, 27.09.2004 kl. 03.25 skrev Christopher Aillon:
> John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 11:11, Colin Walters wrote:
> >

> >> The right way is to make mozilla and family use the native print dialog,
> >>
> >>for which work is still in progress.  Not sure if it will make FC3 or
> >>not.
> >>

> >I think Chris Allon is working on getting support for the gnome print
> >dialog in Mozilla.  The file dialog is there and I think he said that
> >the print dialog was on his hit list.
> >

> Yeah.  Hopefully I can get it done for FC3.  Time is somewhat short
> though so it might end up getting pushed as an update.

That would be just as nice - we are planning to give FC3 accounts to a
whole school (400 people) not far after the release of FC3 - and one of
the blockers so far has been support for selecting which printer it
should come out on.

Apart from that, mozilla, firefox, and my personal favourite - epiphany,
are the fastest browsers out there producing the nicest output on screen
and in print. Keep up the good work!

I have just updated epiphany, mozilla and firefox to these versions:
mozilla-1.7.3-1
firefox-0.10.0-1.0PR1.0
epiphany-1.4.0-0.3.6

and the status is:
-Firefox has a dropdown in which you may select printer
-Mozilla has a dropdown - the print dialog box is identical with
firefoxe's - but the only choice is "default".
-Epiphany still only got the field "lpr"

Kyrre