Java and Rawhide?

Tue Sep 28 19:43:39 UTC 2004

Le mardi 28 septembre 2004 à 21:01 +0200, Daniel Roesen a écrit :
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 12:59:38PM -0600, Dax Kelson wrote:
> > I see that lots of Java related packages got removed from rawhide.
> >
> > I'm curious what's up.
>
> This was probably a community decision of the community project Fedora.
> :-P

Redhat decided to join the JPackage boat;). The rawhide java system is
in a lot of flux now to get jpp and rawhide in sync. Some packages
didn't have the same name in both repositories for example, and I
suppose the rh people are removing them from rawhide before putting them
back with the names used in jpp deps.

Things are a bit more hidden on the jpp side because not too many people
track the devel section, but I can tell you it's moving a lot right now
too.

I must say it's very nice to have RedHat work with the community, and in
the short time they've worked with the JPackage project they contributed
a lot of stuff back.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot