perl-Filter man pages

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 23:02:44 UTC 2004

>The result of an ordinary rebuild:

I get the same thing when I build the Filter package on my RH9 machine. So, its
not the perl-Filter package that's causing my problem.

>Do you see anything in the build log which refers to "manifying" man
>page files?

No. I did a diff between the toplevel Makefile in the Filter dir. I see the
following:

- is from RH9 system
+ is from rawhide system

-MAKEMAKER = /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm
-MM_VERSION = 6.03
+MAKEMAKER   = /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm
+MM_VERSION  = 6.17
+MM_REVISION = 1.133
<snip>
 MAN1PODS =
-MAN3PODS = lib/Filter/cpp.pm \
-       lib/Filter/exec.pm \
-       lib/Filter/sh.pm \
-       perlfilter.pod
-INST_MAN1DIR = blib/man1
-MAN1EXT = 1
<snip>
-# .PRECIOUS: Makefile    # seems to be not necessary anymore
-
-.PHONY: all config static dynamic test linkext manifest
+MAN3PODS =

It looks like the MAN3PODS becomes empty under rawhide system. Where does this
point to? MakeMaker? Are there any command line tests that can help identify the
bad component?

BTW, none of my perl packages seem to be creating man pages. Filter is the
simplest one to illustrate the problem.

Thanks,
-Steve Grubb