perl-Filter man pages

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Wed Sep 29 11:33:41 UTC 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:02:44 -0700 (PDT), Steve G wrote:

> >Do you see anything in the build log which refers to "manifying" man
> >page files?
>
> No. I did a diff between the toplevel Makefile in the Filter dir. I see the
> following:
>
> - is from RH9 system
> + is from rawhide system
>
> -MAKEMAKER = /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm
> -MM_VERSION = 6.03
> +MAKEMAKER   = /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm
> +MM_VERSION  = 6.17
> +MM_REVISION = 1.133

Same Perl and MakeMaker here.

> +MAN3PODS =
>

> It looks like the MAN3PODS becomes empty under rawhide system. Where does this
> point to? MakeMaker? Are there any command line tests that can help identify the
> bad component?

Something in MakeMaker or MM_* sub-modules for sure, but maybe
affected by environment variables, locale, glibc. "perl Makefile.PL
verbose verbose" most likely won't reveal anything because the pod2man
section of your makefile was unchanged. And "perl -d Makefile.PL" plus
stepping through the code with 's' could get quite complex. There are
more mighty debugging features included in Perl, such as explained in
"perldoc perldebug".

--
Fedora Core release 2.91 (FC3 Test 2) - Linux 2.6.8-1.541
loadavg: 0.26 0.65 0.34