perl-Filter man pages

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 15:51:22 UTC 2004

Hi,

I found the problem doing a lot of diffs. It turns out that if you build perl
without the man package installed, it disables the building of documentation
later. I will file a bug report for a BuildRequires of man on perl.

But this also points out another problem. Packages that dynamically create file
lists can be created even though many files are missing! There should be some
examination of the files gathered during the install phase or this practice
eliminated to spot problems quicker. From what I can see, my system built at
least 15 packages with no man pages. net-snmp was the only package that caught
the problem because its perl subpackage uses {_mandir}/man3/*.3pm.*. No other
package complained even though stuff was missing.

Thanks for the tips...

-Steve Grubb