DVD image of FC3 test2 for x86_64 too big?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Sep 29 19:37:00 UTC 2004

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 12:18:12PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Sep 28, 2004, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > The only way we can solve this problem is by trimming the
> > distribution.
>
> Err...  Not really.  We could also ship SRPMS in a separate DVD.
> There's no reason to have them in a single disc.

Yep, or to be really honest, is there need for shipping srpms on isos?

Only large scale repackagers need a huge ammount of srpms, and they
usually already mirror the SRPMS folders anyway.

Looking at my mirror I currently see

o 28 FC2-i386-disc?.iso downloads
o  1 FC2-i386-rescuecd
o  1 FC2-i386-DVD.iso
o  0 FC2-*-SRPMS-disc?.iso

The GPL states that one has the right to get access to the sources,
and as long as the SRPMS are online the legal aspects should be OK, or
not?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net