Self-Introduction: Rick Stout

Rick Stout zipsonic at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 06:14:37 UTC 2004

Richard A. Stout a.k.a Rick
USA, Los Angeles, California
System Administrator
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (Though, I do this for personal satisfaction)

My goals in the Fedora project are to give something back to the
community. I want to help out and be a part of what I consider to be
the future. I have been a using(evangelizing?) Linux since '97, and
Fedora since FC1 test 1.

I am starting this process to develop for Fedora because I saw a need
for FreeNX packages. I wrote an article for Fedoranews to do manual
installations of NX, and was asked to do Fedora specific packages. I
will help out in any capacity that I can, including package
maintenance, QA, hacking, etc... At my job I am known for making
things work.

While I have never officially worked on any public Linux projects, I
am now devoting time for writing articles to help out users. I am best
at scripting languages (bash, etc...) but can program in C... Been
dabbling in Perl, not that I would say that i'm proficient, but I've
always believed that if you know one language, you can program in them
all (notable exception: Assembly). I am an expert in networking, NOS's
of all type's, and creating solutions.

It is asked for me to give an explanation as to why you should trust
me: I don't have a good reason as to why. It is fairly simple to
verify that I am who I say I am. I work for a very public company,
whose corporate office's are in Torrance, CA. A phone call to the main
switchboard, and asking for me should do the trick.

My GPG key has been uploaded to pgp.mit.edu.  This should satisfy the
key requirement.

pub  1024D/B90AEE70 2004-09-30 Rick Stout (Personal) <zipsonic at gmail.com>
    Key fingerprint = 7E0F BA42 D36D 3027 BDD4  4A25 C5B8 C382 B90A EE70
sub  1024g/6F6AE402 2004-09-30

I hope that I can be of use to the Fedora comunity.

Thank you,
Rick Stout