DVD image of FC3 test2 for x86_64 too big?

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Thu Sep 30 07:18:23 UTC 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Sep 28, 2004, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > The only way we can solve this problem is by trimming the
> > distribution.
>
> Err...  Not really.  We could also ship SRPMS in a separate DVD.
> There's no reason to have them in a single disc.

Me thinks a separate SRPMS DVD would be the "right thing" to do: most
users never download the SRPMS Cd-images either so it's just a big waste
of download time having to dl SRPMS you'll never need for anything for
most people.

Hmm, while on the topic of SRPMS - why do we have separate SRPMS disc
images for x86_64 and i386 when the packages are build from the same
SRPMS?

	- Panu -