DVD image of FC3 test2 for x86_64 too big?

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Thu Sep 30 14:21:37 UTC 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Panu Matilainen (pmatilai at welho.com) said:
> > Hmm, while on the topic of SRPMS - why do we have separate SRPMS disc
> > images for x86_64 and i386 when the packages are build from the same
> > SRPMS?
>
> The set of SRPMS in the composed trees is slightly different.

Currently yes, but does it have to be? If you just dump all the SRPMS on
one set of CD's / DVD-image and say "here are all the sources used to
build this thing, some bits might not build on all architectures" .. at
least I'd be happy with that.

Of course that doesn't count arch-dependent conditional BuildRequires
encoded in SRPMS but I think everybody who's serious about rebuilding
stuff rebuilds from .spec's, not src.rpms anyway. (a topic which is being
discussed on rpm-list atm)

	- Panu -