Bastille

Marius Andreiana mandreiana at rdslink.ro
Thu Sep 30 16:02:15 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 10:30 -0500, Niki Rahimi wrote:
> Hi Fedora folks,
Ola

> I am curious to see what you all would think of the addition of
> Bastille to the Fedora install media. If you have any questions on the
> quality and/or useability of Bastille feel free to send me a note.
Anything which really improves security and works it's welcome.

Notes:

* perl-Tk would have to be added to distribution too.
* the testing rpm works only with Tk, although I've installed perl-
Curses for text. Remember, many sysadmins don't have X installed on
servers.

Couldn't get further as perl-Tk from dag doesn't work on fc3t2:
error: Failed dependencies:
        perl(Tk::LabRadio) is needed by perl-Tk-804.026-1.1.fc2.dag
        perl(Tk::TextReindex) is needed by perl-Tk-804.026-1.1.fc2.dag

I see no docs on bastille homepage, only FAQ. Want to know what it does,
how does it detect problems with current configuration/versions.
>From screenshot: FC2 build shouldn't have HP-UX tab.
At the end, will I see a diff from current config to bastille's before
applying?

Thanks,
--
Marius Andreiana