Console user mount patch and FC3

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Thu Sep 30 16:20:32 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 11:59:37AM -0400, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> This is in reference to RH bug#133941.  It is suggested I take this
> discussion to fedora-devel.  What is keeping this patch out of FC3?  I

Had a quick look. It contains an obvious missing null pointer check. Would
also need security review against pam_console and an explanation of why
it relies on pam_console innards (paths etc)

> turn on this option after install.  I have looked at the patch and it is
> simple and does matching the same way we do it in dbus.  Getting this

If dbus is using getusername() I hope it to is considering NULL pointer
cases. I'd also like to know it is grovelling in pam related innards - do
we in fact need a libconsole library to wrap this from pam and utility sides ?

Alan